Sunday, June 15, 2008

Minority

It's very interesting being the only American in my house. I live with two french guys, a french girl, and a girl from Kenya. These people are all extremely nice and intelligent. We had a party on Friday titled BYOBaguette- ( I thought it was catchy!) There were probably 45 people in our apartment, 98% french!!! I was supposed to "represent" America by inviting my friends. I reminded the roommates that I have only been in NYC for 2 weeks and, um, only have three friends. Nevertheless, my wonderful friends came and "represented" and we had a blast! It was one of the few times in my life where I was in the minority...and it is now making me much more sensitive to my foreign roommates. I give them all MAJOR credit for moving across the world to experience the "American Dream."

1 comment:

Benjamin Plante said...

I am so glad that you are there with your "eyes open" as the BYOB Party. Here is your french phrase for the day: Ce pantalon te fait un cul d'enfer. Those pants make your ass look incredible.