Sunday, December 14, 2008

Mission Accomplished!

Well. I did it. Yesterday was race day. My (lofty) goal was to run the 4 miles in 40 minutes, averaging 10 minute miles. Well, I got really close, coming in at 41 minutes. Given that there were 5,000 runners, I'm attributing my slightly slower pace to having to battle through the crowds!!! The day was amazing. COLD- 25 degrees but sunny and the energy of the crowd was inspiring! As I was finishing the first mile, I saw Jackie, Heather and Lins all bundled up, cheering me on...then after the straight uphill mile 3, there they were again, cheering and snapping pics- it was just the kick in the butt I needed to keep going! I am so lucky to have such an amazing group of friends! I am so glad I did the race and I'm looking forward to continuing this new lifestyle!

No comments: