Saturday, March 21, 2009

The Ides of March

This morning I feel like I awoke from the grave. For the last week, I have been struggling with an extreme version of the flu. Last Sunday I started to feel the warning symptoms set in- aches, cold sweat, exhaustion... so I went to bed (after taking a few spins through Loehmann's!) and I have barely moved from that fetal position since! After about three days of feeling way less than normal, I attempted to make a doctor's appointment. Now, silly me for a) not having gone to a general practitioner since I moved to New York and b) not having gone to a general practitioner since I was 17! So I called around and the best appointment I could get was three weeks from now! Kellen informed me that that was unacceptable and I needed to put my foot down and get in to see a doc. I google'd "walk-in clinics" and found the very generic, "Midtown Medical Center", and I got in yesterday at 4pm. Now, talk about efficient. Either I was being rushed through or my dr. has his routine down pat! Literally he had questioned me, examined me, gave me my diagnosis (bacterial infection) and written my prescription in 4 minutes!!!! $10 and 20 minutes later, I had my Z-pack and am now on the road to recovery! Gotta love NYC and the sheer speed they manage to do EVERYTHING!

No comments: